Keep track of key dates in the 2024 legislative sessions calendar across all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and U.S. Congress. Add them directly to your calendar today!
Having a hard time keeping up with the many important legislative dates across the states? Subscribe to our U.S. Legislative Sessions calendar and you’ll always know what’s happening.
Here are four options to access Plural’s 2024 Legislative Sessions Calendar. Choose the one that’s best for you:
- Google Calendar: Add the calendar directly to your Google Calendar using this link.
- Outlook or Other Calendars: Add the calendar as a public calendar through Outlook or other calendar applications. (Outlook instructions)
- View Online: View and bookmark the calendar online here.
- Download a PDF: View and download a PDF of session start dates and expected adjournment.
A few things to note:
- The majority of legislative sessions begin within the first two weeks of January and end between late March and mid-May.
- 15 states are scheduled to have significantly shorter sessions than in 2023. Only 4 states are scheduled to have significantly longer sessions.
- Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, and Virginia will enter 2024 with the most new legislators after those states held regular legislative elections this fall.
- 4 states (Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, and Texas) only host regular sessions during even-numbered years, and do not have a regular session scheduled for 2024.
- 4 states, Puerto Rico, and the US Congress meet throughout the entirety of the year and do not generally have a typical end-of-session adjournment scheduled.